Any roof is going to have some type of problem at some moment in time. But typically, some issues can be prevented through simple planning. Here are the the seven most common issues that come with commercial roofing.
- Leaking roofs.
- Billowing, blow-offs, or tenting – This happens when the roof is not adhered correctly. Single ply roofs are normally at risk of blow offs and billowing.
- Faulty installation – This is one of the more common issues. It improves the chances of issues and shortens the life expectancy of the roofing system.
- A lack of maintenance – You should never neglect your roof. Maintaining your roof on a regular basis can be beneficial for your financially as well as fr you health.
- Punctures – For one ply roofing systems, foot traffic can cause major issues.
- Incorrect repairs – The usage of materials that are not meant for application on certain roof types can end up with long term damage.
- Shrinkage – Single ply roofs are different from any other roofing system. When you walk onto an EPDM roof, one of the first things to keep an eye out for is shrinkage. Check along the perimeter for cracking of uncured membrane and flashings pulling away from the wall. These are the items that are normally seen.
Always be sure to do your homework and find a fully licensed and certified roofing professional. R.B.T Construction Roofing is the company that you need to call for all of your commercial roofing needs. Contact us at 903-691-0931.