In commercial roofing, there are many choices for your roof. From flat roofing materials to various coatings, you may hear a lot of conflicting information. Some of this is opinion, and some of this is actual fact. In order to help you make the best decision for your commercial roofing system, let us help you get all the facts by debunking these myths.
Top 3 Roofing Myths
Myth #1: Annual Inspections Are Not Needed
When trying to save money, roofing inspections are one of the things that come under scrutiny. After all, if you haven’t had any roofing trouble, why do you need an inspection? Roofing inspections allow roofers to make sure that your roof does not fail you and to fortify any week spots on your roof.
Myth #2: Metal Roofing Rusts Easily
It’s natural to think metal roofing will rust. However, metal roofing materials are created with this possibility in mind. Not only is the shape and styling of metal roofing designed to draw water away from the roof, metal is given a coating that gives a resistance to rusting.
Myth #3: Flat Roofing Can’t Deal With Excess Weight From Debris And Snow
The thought behind this is that the weight and pressure from debris, snow, and storms will cause the roof to collapse. However, flat roofs are actually designed in order to handle these stresses. From material to layout, your roof should handle anything thrown its way.
Do you need a new commercial roof or roof inspection in Texarkana, TX? Call RBT Construction today at 903-691-0931 for our expert roofers.
There are many roofing materials to choose from. But do you know which material is right for your roof? PVC is a popular material used on buildings with flat roofs. These are a few of the benefits of using PVC:
Life Span – Need a roof that is durable with a long life span? PVC is built to last 20 years or more! It is also to be waterproof and weather resistant so you don’t have to worry about extensive weather damage from wind or heavy rain.
Energy Efficient – PVC can increase the energy efficiency of your business by reflecting sunlight away from the building. This reduces the heat within your business and decreases your cost to heat or cool it.
Moldable – PVC is installed onto a roof surface using heat. This can make PVC more flexible and so it can easily to fit to any shape roof structure.
Recyclable Material – PVC is one of the few materials that is 100% recyclable. This a long with reducing energy consumption from A/C and Heater use, makes it an environment friendly roofing option for your business.
We offer quality PVC roofing materials from manufacturers like Carlisle Syntec Systems. You can be sure you will get a reliable, top quality commercial roof when you have RBT Construction doing the job. Give us a call at 903-691-0931 to get more information about our commercial roofing installation services in Texarkana, TX.
Unfortunately, it is common for commercial flat roofed buildings to suffer from roof punctures. Thankfully, there are ways to prevent them and we’ll go over ways to keep your roof in the best shape possible.
Flat roof commercial buildings are more likely to have trouble with roof punctures because of foot traffic of maintenance workers. If this has caused damage to your roof, we recommend have a designated walkway on the roof that minimizes accidental damage to the roof membrane.
Things like strong winds and storms can’t be prevented so it’s important to inspect your roof after bad weather comes through to ensure that your roof does not require repairs. Debris, such as tree limbs, can get blown onto the roofs and can puncture or tear the roof. It’s important that any damage like this is repaired as soon as possible. Having a roof inspector come out and do a thorough check for any damage can prevent expensive repairs or even a full replacement later on.
Looking for commercial roofing services in Texarkana, TX? Contact RBT Roofing for professional roofing services you can trust. Whether you need flat roof membrane or metal roofing installed, we’ve got you covered. Call us today at 903-691-0931 for more information.
As a business owner, making sure that you have right roof coating for your property is vital. There are many things to consider such as:
- Changes in the weather: Your roofing system is greatly affected by the ever changing weather. And because we’re in northern Texas, we know that weather can be completely unpredictable. Keeping in mind the extremes of the weather is important to the overall survival of your roofing system. Roofs in this area are liable to experience intense heat, excessive rainfall, and even ice. All of which can cause significant damage to your roof without adequate protection.
- Current condition of existing roof: Evaluate the condition of the roof that you have now. Are there any repairs or replacements that need to be addressed first? Are the issues that need to be fixed major or minor? Are you choosing to add a coating to a roofing system that you just and installed? Once you’re able to answer these questions, it will help you to better determine which coating would be more beneficial.
- Type of roofing system: Factors such as the roofing material and whether or not there’s a slope present, are things that will determine what type of damage your roof will endure. You can call our pros to discuss your best options based on the condition and type of roof.
The bottom line is coating for your roof can either make or break the entire system. This is why it is necessary to choose the right one. Trust the roofing contractors at R.B.T. Construction Roofing Division with your commercial roof in Texarkana, TX. Call us now at 903-691-0931.
There are many different options to choose from for your commercial roofing. But out of all the choices you have, metal is going to often be the top choice. Here are some of the benefits of having metal roofing for your business.
- Energy Efficient – Combined with the necessary insulation, metal roofs can save as much as 40 percent on cooling costs alone. During the colder months, the insulation quality of metal is good enough to match, if not be better than, other materials.
- Fire Resistant – This is especially important for properties where fire and heat are both an integral part of everyday operations, such as restaurants or foundries. These are locations that have to pay special attention to the roofing products they choose to go with. Utilizing roofing materials that are highly fire resistant is a great part of a structural safety plan.
- Low Maintenance – Upon installation, your metal roofing system can last for several decades without needing any maintenance or labor. You can go for years without having to worry about sealing, shingle replacement, along with other numerous expensive services. This ultimately saving your business money.
- Various Designs – There are designs that can imitate the look of shingles, ceramic tiles, and various other styles. This makes metal roofing a versatile option as it would be able to fit different types of business, from restaurants to retail.
So if you’re looking for a great alternative in roofing for your business, metal could be a great option, Call R.B.T. Roofing to speak with one of our experts today. Dial 903-691-0931.
As we all know, a roof coating is just an extra layer of protection that is added on top of a finished roof. Now although there are many types of roof coatings, listed below are some of the most popular options.
Acrylic Roof Coating
This option is traditionally developed to assist in extending the life of the coating and improve its durability and also contains numerous types of acrylic polymer. Though acrylic roof coatings are normally used as whit e reflective coatings, they are available in a variety of colors. This is one of the top choices for many contractors throughout the industry because of the durability and low cost.
These coating are emulsified asphalt and contain several types of inorganic and/or organic fillers and fibers that helps to provide additional strength to the coating. Asphalt emulsions can be found in black, brown, or as a reflective coating when you add aluminum pigments or titanium dioxide.
Solvent-Based Silicone Coatings
When you add solvents and a catalyst to a silicone base, you get silicone coatings. These types of coatings are considered ecological because silicone is an all natural material. Along with reflective white and translucent, these coatings are available in an array of colors.
A good roof coating is critical and can be the deciding factor of the long term health of your roofing system. So if you’re looking to have a new roof installation or just wanting to learn more call us at 903-691-0931. The pros at R.B.T. Construction Roofing Division is here to answer all of your questions and provide you with the best options.
Any roof is going to have some type of problem at some moment in time. But typically, some issues can be prevented through simple planning. Here are the the seven most common issues that come with commercial roofing.
- Leaking roofs.
- Billowing, blow-offs, or tenting – This happens when the roof is not adhered correctly. Single ply roofs are normally at risk of blow offs and billowing.
- Faulty installation – This is one of the more common issues. It improves the chances of issues and shortens the life expectancy of the roofing system.
- A lack of maintenance – You should never neglect your roof. Maintaining your roof on a regular basis can be beneficial for your financially as well as fr you health.
- Punctures – For one ply roofing systems, foot traffic can cause major issues.
- Incorrect repairs – The usage of materials that are not meant for application on certain roof types can end up with long term damage.
- Shrinkage – Single ply roofs are different from any other roofing system. When you walk onto an EPDM roof, one of the first things to keep an eye out for is shrinkage. Check along the perimeter for cracking of uncured membrane and flashings pulling away from the wall. These are the items that are normally seen.
Always be sure to do your homework and find a fully licensed and certified roofing professional. R.B.T Construction Roofing is the company that you need to call for all of your commercial roofing needs. Contact us at 903-691-0931.
If you own a commercial building, odds are high it has a flat roof. Flat roofing systems are excellent for large structure’s like warehouses, churches, shopping centers, restaurants and more. But they require special maintenance and repairs to ensure the longevity of the materiel installed. Keep in mind that first and foremost, your roofing system will only last if has been properly installed. Shoddy installation or short cuts taken during installation will impact your roofing system’s lifespan greatly.
The following are some quick flat roofing maintenance tips:
- Limit the amount of foot traffic: Although flat roofs are much safer to walk on than steep slope roofs, they still should not be walked on frequently unless specifically designed for foot traffic. Unsure if your roofing material is meant for foot traffic? Consult with one of our roofing contractors to learn more about the amount of foot traffic your roofing system can withstand. Walking on certain materials will mean rapid deterioration of the material.
- Keep it clean: Flat roofs have a tendency to gather debris. But the more dirt, leaves, branches, etc that are left on your roof, the fast deterioration will occur. Over time these items can also increase the dampness on your roofing system and possibly even cause permanent damage as plants try to take root in the debris.
- Trim back trees: If there are overhanging trees on your property, trim back the branches. Even sturdy branches that do not break onto the roof can scrape across the roofing material in wind and cause severe damage to the material.
If you notice your flat roof is already damaged, please contact us right away for a thorough inspection and repairs. We can also discuss a new system installation if it is simply time to upgrade! We look forward to being the experts you call for all your flat roofing needs!